Bank statements which have been imported in error can be deleted.
NOTE: If any transactions from the statement have been processed, you must un-reconcile them first:
To delete a bank statement
- Select Trust Accounts or Client Accounts on the green menu
- Select the account you want to delete the statement for
- Click Bank Statements at the bottom of the page or the blue bank statements tile
- Click the View link for the statement you want to delete
- Click Delete Statement
- confirm you want to delete the statement
If Delete Statement is not showing it it because some of the transactions have already been reconciled. Click Unreconcile beside each, once they are all unreconciled the delete option will be available.
There will be 2 options available when Unreconcile is selected.
If you want to delete the statement because you forgot to perform Close of Period or it was a duplicate transaction imported in error, you should select Unreconcile and Reverse this transaction. This also reverses any fees.
If you plan to re-import the same transaction again you might only Unreconcile it without reversing.